How Water Intake can Influence our Energy
By jona bryndis, Mar 7 2015 08:26AM
In a recent forum post a very frequent question was asked, namely how hydration levels can influence our energy or experince during energy work (Thank you Skaka!).
Just as our hydration levels influence many physical functions, it can also influence our energy and experience during energy work. On a physical/biological level our blood's viscosity (thick/thin blood), ability to regulate body temperature, oxygen levels, nutrient absorption, muscle performance, organ function, digestion, toxic waste removal, neurotransmitter and hormonal transportation, heart efficiency as well as our mental/brain function, etc. depend on a proper hydration level. Needless to say, that drinking water is one of the main pillars of physical, mental and emotional health.
Physical functions influence quite a few energetic functions and symptoms (and vice versa of course).
Here a few examples:
- Toxic waste removal: if we store too many toxins in our body, we will also experience this energetically; our energy can feel clogged and sluggish.
- Blood flow: if our blood flow is too slow (thickness), it will also affect our overall flow of energy.
- Muscle performance: dehydration can lead to soreness, tension and lack of flexibility, which can lead to energetic rigidity and blocks
- Neurotransmitter function: low levels of water in our system cannot only affect our memory and brain function but can also lead to increased energetic symptoms and over-sensitivity
- Heart performance: hydration levels influence our ability to expand our heart field and lead to lack of self-love
- Perception: Our hydration levels not only influence our experience during energy work, but also our overall ability to feel, see and direct inner energies.
And the list goes on…
From our empirical observation, water seems to play a big role in for our energetic sensitivity and self-healing ability. It aligns us to the flow of energy and adds softness, flexibility and strength. Severe or chronic dehydration can increase our aptitude to store low vibratory emotions especially fear; people with anxiety and depression are very often chronically dehydrated.
In essence, just like during physical exercise, we recommend to up our water intake before and after energy work. Same counts for going through times of emotional and mental distress.
In conjunction with water other factors, such as the composition and quality of our food, eating habits, ph-levels and micronutrient levels are also very important. Energy work is affected by (and vice versa) our physical, mental, emotional and energetic purity. The more water, the more efficient our physical system, the easier it becomes to identify, read and direct energies.